Rice Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer.
PRN-Radiology Technologist (Weekends)
The Radiology Weekend Technologist performs various radiology service procedures at a technical level requiring no constant
supervision of technical detail. The technologist performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent
judgment, with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiological diagnosis. The position requires
responsibility for designated areas or procedures as required, including specialized radiographic area such as Special
Procedures, Mammography, Cat Scan, etc. In addition, the position requires the individual to be in charge of the department
during weekend hours, in the absence of the Director and to be responsible for specific areas with ancillary personnel.
1. Graduate of an Accredited School of Radiology Technology with a license of:
a. American Registry of Radiology Technologist
b. Medical Radiology Technologist
2. Associates Degree preferred
3. May have a general certificate from the State of Texas with five years experience in lieu of number one.
4. CPR Certification
Arranges referral as indicated by the physician, utilizing proper insurance referral guidelines and CPT and ICD-9 coding. Verifies
insurance pre-certification and authorization as required by the various insurance plans. Notifies the ordering provider of any
conflicts or delays. Documents in patient charts the referral information received and any necessary special instructions. Assist
billing and accounts receivable clerk. Coordinates with Director to ensure all provider files are kept up to date. Provides
appropriate information to insurance carriers and other credentialing agencies. Assists front office personnel when needed.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Experience in the medical field and Knowledge of basic clerical and communication principles.
3. One year of accounting functions and preparing related reports. Use of standard office machines, calculators and at input
terminals. Demonstrate human accepted clerical practices in involved in greeting and providing assistance to patients and
visitors seeking health care services at Rice Medical Center clinics.
For Applications please call or visit:
Rice Medical Center
600 S. Austin Road
Eagle Lake, Texas 77434